Your Menimba Account
Sign up with an email and password
- Click Get Started at the top right of your desktop or laptop browser. Enter your nickname, username, your email address, and a unique password.
- Click Registration.
Log in with an email and password
- On your desktop or laptop browser, click Log in at the top right.
- Enter the credentials you used to sign up. You can also choose to login with Google.
- Click Login Now.
If you’re accessing your Menimba account from a public or shared device, be sure to log out of your account when you’re finished studying.
- Move your cursor to your initials or profile image at the top right of the page.
- Click Logout in the dropdown menu.
One of the great things about learning on Menimba is that you can access your courses from several different devices and platforms, including a desktop, laptop, and mobile.
- If you can’t remember the password for your Menimba account, you can request a reset password email from the login page:
- Move your cursor to the top right of Menimba's homepage, then click on Login
- Click forget your password?
- Enter your email or username.
- Next, click on Reset Password
- Check your inbox for the reset password email and complete the steps to change your password. If you didn't receive an email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
Anyone can enroll for Menimba’s free courses or webinars after enrolling themselves for the course.
When you complete a course at Menimba, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you can download. Upon completion of a course, the “Download Certificate” button will appear on the course home page.
Many instructors add supplemental resources to their lectures, like PDFs, design templates, as a means to enhance the learning experience of the course. You can download them in the course home page.
Lessons will need to be manually marked as complete once you have watched the lesson, read the notes and finish a quiz. Please ensure you click “Complete lesson” in order to download your e-certificate.
If you have a question about a course while you’re taking it, you can ask the instructor in the Q&A box in the lesson.
Rating your experience in a course is an easy way to give instructors feedback on how to improve and to help potential students select the right course. Be constructive and responsible in your reviews.
You can search for any course by putting in keywords relating to the course you are looking for in the search tab of our home page. You can also search courses based on levels and categories in the "All courses" page.
It depends on the instructors and it can range from 30 days to lifetime. Please check the details of the enrolment expiration in the course description.
Try watching the original lecture in an incognito window.
- If you have issues playing the video, try checking your extension, plugin or firewall program on your device to see if it needs to be reconfigured or disabled.
Try a different browser.
- If you’re not already using Google Chrome, we recommend using it, as we’ve found it works best to watch Menimba courses.
Clear your browser's cookies and cache and restart it before trying again.
- If you have a lot of browser tabs open, close most of them except the one you’re using to watch the course.
Test your internet connection speed.
- A minimum internet speed of 5Mbps is required to watch a Menimba course on your device.
- If your internet speed is low, try lowering the video quality of the lecture, or watching the course when your internet connection is stronger.
Check your audio settings.
- If you can’t hear any audio, double check to see that the course player volume is turned up and that the video is not muted. Check the sound settings on your device.
- Restart your computer and network devices (modems/switches/routers).
Sometimes, a PDF document will take a while to load. If the attachment has multiple pages it's likely that the large file size is impacting the load time. Try refreshing the page to fix the issue.
Purchases & Refunds
Our Payment Methods
Your payment options include the following:
- Online Payment Transfer
- Credit and Debit Cards: we accept most major international credit and debit cards like Visa, MasterCard.
- PayPal is a supported method of payment for Menimba courses in most countries.
Common Reasons For Failed Card Payments
Incorrectly entered information: please ensure you enter the first and last name of the card account holder, exactly as it appears on the card, and that you enter it in the Name on Card field.
Incorrect CVC code: please ensure you’re only entering numbers and that the code is correct, as listed on the back of the card.
Too many payment attempts have been made in the last 24 hours: some cards have usage limitations, and will automatically block payment attempts after a certain threshold has been reached. Try contacting your bank or using a different payment method.
Browser isn’t working correctly due to caching issues: if you’re seeing a notification your card number looks invalid or icons aren’t showing up, there may be a caching issue. Please clear your browser’s cache and try again.
Adding free or paid courses to your Wishlist is a quick and easy way to save a course for later, and enroll in it when you’re ready. You can do this by hovering to any course thumbnail and clicking “save icon”
After completing your purchase, you will receive and email of payment confirmation with your transaction details.
Menimba shall grant Learner a seven (7) days Money-Back Guarantee from the purchase date of Course(s). While our money-back guarantee is to allow learners to learn risk free, we also protect our instructors from fraud and provide them a reasonable payment schedule. Payments will be processed after 7 days, and no refund request from Learner will be entertained after 7 days.